Friday, November 11, 2011

Felt Board Friday: Week #1




I am going to do a series of posts every Friday in November (possibly and hopefully longer depending on my creativity) called Felt Board Fridays. I am very excited about this because I am always looking for ways to entertain my Little Bug. He's still a little young for it, but he enjoys it and will grow into it.

So for week one I will show you how to make a felt board. It is super easy and fairly cheap. Mine cost around $2. All you need is a foam poster board. I bought mine at Micheal's on sale for $1, they also sell them at Dollar Tree. Some felt, bought at Joanns for around $2 a yard I think. Measure before you go so you know how much you need. I ended up with a lot extra. Scissors and a hot glue gun.

It is pretty basic, but just in case I will post instructions for those that may need it. First cut your felt to be an inch or so bigger than your foam board. (Please excuse my cutting!)
Next glue your sides down.
 I cut a little bit off the corners so there wouldn't be so much excess.








Now here is the sucky part. I just realized I don't have a picture of the finished product. And I am at my parents house doing this post because our computer/ camera was stolen. To read that story click here. So for the meantime, just use your imagination on how it will turn out.

On the back of mine I made a little pocket out of felt to hold the different pictures/stories.


Any questions let me know. Sorry this is a half done post, but really it is super easy and I know that you can do it! Good luck and make sure you come back next Friday for week #2 of Felt Board Fridays!

***Update Here is the finished product. Hope you didn't have any trouble with yours.


 



~Courtney

No comments:

Post a Comment